Immediately following the sale, the Post Sale Service team will send you an Invoice and Shipping Quote based on your pre-sale preferences.
The final amount due will include the hammer price, the Buyer’s Premium, and any local taxes.
In certain locations, Plakas may be required to collect a re-sale royalty (droit de suite), which goes to the European Economic Area (EEA) living artists and artists’ estates where the EEA artist died in the last 70 years, each time one of their works is resold.
For live auctions, you will also receive the following information from Plakas Post-Sale Services via email:
1. An invoice setting out the hammer price plus all other applicable charges, such as the buyer’s premium, taxes, postage and any other charges that may apply. In certain events, Plakas is required to collect a resale royalty (′droit de suite‵).
2. VAT refund rules for artwork exported from the UK have changed from 1st January 2021. Private buyers (those who have bought as an individual, not on behalf of an organisation) wishing to export and secure the cancellation of UK VAT charges must instruct only Plakas to arrange shipment on their behalf.
3. Shipping information, including a shipping quote will automatically be added to your invoice.
4. Goods must be paid for first, then collection can be permitted through booking an appointment, or on the day of paying & collecting.
5. We have the right to refuse to hand over goods if the requested funds have not been received or cleared in our bank account, this includes not clearing the full balance of the invoice.
6. Bidders must complete their due diligence and clarify all questions about the objects before the auction. After the auction, Plakas reserves the right not to answer questions from bidders unless the purchase price has been paid in full.
Plakas would like to remind you that a sale cancellation of any kind after the fall of the hammer is not possible. The only exception to this rule is our guarantee of authenticity.
Please note that for live auctions, payment is due within three days of the auction, failure to pay will involve the permanent black listing of the client and not be welcomed by Plakas.
Unfortunately, Plakas does not accept third-party payments from an individual or organisation that is not the winning bidder.
Postage & Packaging Service
Plakas Post Sale Service team can arrange professional delivery and convenient shipping of your purchased items. We offer competitive rates shipping a small pendant to as large as a piece of furniture. We are well informed on all international regulations, Plakas offers a full range of services for our clients, this includes collection, packaging and arranging shipping worldwide.
If you choose to use our services we will ensure goods that have left the auction premises are in the original purchased condition, by choosing our in-house professional packaging services you agree to our terms and conditions and do not hold us accountable for any damages or loss of items in transit. You will be provided with a tracking number and all our packages sent out will require a signature upon delivery. We do not insure goods dispatched unless asked to do so, which will incur additional charges added to your invoice upon request.